Artistic Infusion Program Designer
Heidi Wastweet is a sculptor who specializes in bas-relief sculpture ranging from cast or struck coins/medals to public art monuments.
Worldwide she has produced well over 1000 coins and medals for private mints since 1987. She was the Chief Engraver for Sunshine Mint for 11 years, lead designer/sculptor for Global Mint for five years, and has worked as an independent artist since. Her medals are in the collection of the Smithsonian, the British Museum, the American Numismatic Society, the Brookgreen Gardens medal collection, and the Vatican.
A fervent advocate for advancing the medallic arts, she currently serves as the:
- President of the American Medallic Sculpture Association (AMSA)
- Member of The International Art Medal Federation (FIDEM)
- Elected member of the National Sculpture Society (NSS)
She also teaches an annual medallic sculpture workshop at Brookgreen Gardens in South Carolina.
Previously, she served two terms on the Citizen’s Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC) from 2010 to 2018 in the seat of specialist in sculpture/medallic arts.
Her public art locations include Lebanon, Oregon; University of Washington in Seattle; St Paul’s Church in Pensacola, Florida; and Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Her works can be seen in Sculpture Review, The Medal, Coin World, COINage, and AMSA Members Exchange.
Heidi grew up in rural northern Idaho, and currently lives near San Francisco, California.
Coin Design Credits
- 2022 National Purple Heart Hall of Honor Commemorative Coin Program – Silver obverse
- 2022 National Purple Heart Hall of Honor Commemorative Coin Program – Silver reverse
- 2021 National Law Enforcement Memorial and Museum Commemorative Coin Program – Clad reverse